Healthcare diagnostic labs face a lot of challenges in every society and country. In some countries, healthcare is restricted, while in others, healthcare is bogged down by regulation and legacy technologies. The medical and lab diagnostic industry is facing many headwinds in the prevailing economic and political climate.
Diagnostic and Healthcare Lab Companies designing websites should look at the following industry challenges and improve their site to focus on the troubles.
- A challenge for diagnostic labs is the decline in doctor ranks and professional healthcare offices. This problem is acute in most countries. Physicians across the world are going into non-medical industries where pressure and insurance premiums are not sky high. With fewer doctors, there are fewer lab tests required.
- Personnel issues occur within any enterprise. For healthcare labs, a misreading by a new staff member could mean an incorrect conclusion for a valuable patient.
- Perception in healthcare laboratories is a significant issue. Many professionals see diagnostic labs as factories producing a lot of data. This outlook of the industry demands reform, and labs must be considered as patient-oriented partners.
- Government regulations are a persistent challenge for every phase of the healthcare cycle and specifically for services with patients. Without an excessive government burden, a stronger healthcare system would emerge.
- Many diagnostic labs are still using analog equipment. Slow turn-around times and other inefficiencies exist in every phase of medical laboratory testing. The industry needs an upgrade to better technology.
Consider the following strategies if you are creating a diagnostics lab website. Be precise and focused in your message.
Use the following brand strategies before setting up any communications 1) Have an innovative brand and logo. Do not copy other company’s work or images. 2) Make it simple for your clients to associate with your brand and evoke emotion or specific professionalism 3) Social media and coherence are needed for your message.
Have a content marketing strategy that improves your brand across several demographics. Make certain every post or tweet conveys the same value theme.
Your website and other marketing channels need focus; building a brand is challenging for young businesses. Create a relatable slant to drive your message and make it personal to as many people as possible. The presentation should support employee and owner goals for the business. Your mission statement should be active and purpose oriented. The statement can be concise or several sentences long and it should establish the company’s road map for the future.
Use the following strategies for a coherent and compliant message. Make sure your patients and professionals are aware, any tests or communication are built on the latest technologies. It is important to your clients to individualize every process and let them know your company provides automation and specific information.
Does your diagnostic lab perform more than one or two tests? Is this information displayed properly on the front of your site? Are there trending technologies your customer would find interesting? Are your certifications and HIPAA compliance prominently displayed?
- HIPAA compliance is central to the prosperity of your business than ever before. Governments and their controls are placing a heavy compliance burden on healthcare companies. A company site, just as the business itself, requires HIPAA compliance in every phase.
- Responsive web designs that integrate with custom mobile apps, are fundamental to promote the patient/user involvement. Healthcare labs can use responsive designs to support internal processes and marketing. Unique brand recognition is needed for any healthcare company. Integrate the following technologies 1) SMS messaging 2) HIPAA compliant 3) Custom interfacing for lab results and payment.
- Legacy technologies have weakened the efficiencies of diagnostic laboratories. Cloud-based interconnected portals can engage patients and health providers 24/7. It is important to consider interface technology from either HL7, CCD, or CCR standards.
- Patients portals need the following benefits: 1) Care Plans and health records that are HIPAA compliant 2) Appointment scheduling 3) Patient authentication 4) Mobile Apps
- Health provider portals need the following technologies: 1) Web-based video chat 2) PCI bill pay 3) Advanced patient authentication 4) Appointment scheduling
- Websites should consistently be on the lookout for different institutions, specialists in the area, and third parties contributors. If your organization is looking at templates, there should be dedicated sign-up operations. These areas need to capture important information to make informed follow-up. Sign-up areas can be direct or complex as resources allow.
- Lab owners and technicians rarely have competence in sales and marketing. Unless previous clients are not brought over, sites need to be SEO ready. The site should have good patient and third-party marketing functions. Online marketing and social media services are complicated to manage, so developers should automate much of the process. Marketing services should consist of 1) Branding 2) Content marketing 3) Email marketing 4) Pay-per-Click 5) Video marketing.
- Email is a powerful marketing tool. However, for lab website/portals and healthcare sites, the first goal is compliance. Another step is to establish a precise series of objectives for your email. Try these ideas. 1) Increase engagement, you need your customers talking back 2) Brand awareness, by now a distinct logo should have been developed 3) Find a strategic development over the competition 4) Your company should be the expert and a go-to source. The next step is create or purchase a series of templates for your target audience. Use your current email list or purchase a list of clients from a HIPAA compliant agency.
- Healthcare web design must be compliant and instructive at all levels. Most business owners and web developers look at hosting after everything has finished. Whatever goals or objectives the company is shooting for, hosting should be at the top of the list. 1) Unfamiliarity with HIPAA laws is not an excuse; diagnostic websites must be compliant and have the right SSL certificates. Good hackers can gain access to patient records through the website. 2) Links and email in and off the site need HIPAA compliance to a server. 3) One last factor, any associate or developer for your site must have a business associate agreement and be HIPAA compliant.
Compliance with administrative procedures and HIPAA should be the first consideration for any information out of your company. It is much easier to install these issues early in the development process. Even if the site or any alternative form of communication is up and functioning, backpedal to the starting point and establish compliance.
Before any site or email communications are completed, the team must have a unique and effective brand. Most companies perceive material possessions, as the corporation; they are not. The image you portray, to everybody around you, is the most vital feature of starting your business.